Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Speechless. Indignant but slightly amused.

I was at the supermarket with Lucas last week doing some grocery shopping. He was sitting in the front of the shopping cart and we were waiting at one of the cashiers as I had asked for some help to reach the top of a shelf for an item.

Friendly Supermarket employee walked towards me with a big smile : Are you alright? Are you waiting for your mother?
Slightly shocked mother of Lucas : No? I am ok, thank you.

I am carrying a belly and I have a son in the cart, whom perhaps she (the friendly supermarket employee) thought was my brother? I am not sure if I should feel complimented but I felt I could disappear behind the humongous shopping cart (which is twice the size of those back where I come from and could probably fit 4 of me)

2 comments:

M said...

you want to know what is truly embarrassing? i mistook the older sister of one of our employee and thought she was the daughter of our employee.

Mum's The Word said...

You're sooooo lucky.. usually what happened to me was: ppl mistook my sis in law as my daughter.. I so want to kill those ppl. We went to this car dealer one time with my sis in law and with ava and colin. The guy said to simon when I walked in with my sis in law and Colin in tow.. Oh, here's your wife and your 3 daughters.. And guess who's not going to get a customer???? hahahaha