Friday, July 03, 2009
First Camping Trip with the Boys @ Alice Lake
Date: 26th June - 28th June
Location: Alice Lake Provincial Park, Squamish B.C.
Campers: 5 Families (Cheungs, Vans, Tansumas, Goathams & Fongs)
Since I have given up on Slide and I am too lazy to filter the photos, here are all the photos we took.
I have absolutely no clue how to pack for a Camping trip with 2 boys, especially when the weather was expected to be iffy. After hauling the BBQ, table and mattresses, highchair and Abby into the van, I was left with pathetic space for my entire wardrobe I had planned to bring. There was no breathing space left at the back of the van by the time we were ready to shut the door.
All of us were visibly very excited when we reached the campsite. I wonder why we were so elated to be sleeping in tents in the company of bears. But I presume it was the excitement from the kids, the joy of great company and just sucking in the fresh air made us light-headed.
Food was great, and Carolyn and her sister Theresa brought along fabulous crafts and came up with great activities for the kids which was really much appreciated.
My dear friends also celebrated my birthday at the Campsite with 2 yummy cakes. It was truly a memorable birthday. Thank you everyone!!
Despite the gloomy weather forecast and the sight of Edwin clutching his masculinity half the time (he had probably injured himself and was feeling pain around his groin when we left the house), we all had a fantastic time and are looking forward to the next trip to Porteau Cove in 3 weeks!
On a sidenote - Edwin has fully recovered from the wierdest experience ever. We still have no clue how and what could have cause his nuts to be hurting him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Lovely pics and description. I came across this site while researching for my own camping trip (i'm also going with two young boys). I was afraid we were complete novices, and packing too much. But seeing how much you packed into the van definitely makes me feel better :) It looks like you had a great time--and isn't that the point of it all?! Now I am off for my own adventure... Thanks for the inspiration.
Post a Comment