I was jolted up from my sleepiness one morning about 2 weeks ago when Lucas crawled into our bed and cuddled up with me and said "I love you".
It was the most incredible feeling.
He probably doesn't know it as he went on to suck on his fingers and play with his Ta-Ta's (blankie) ears, but it mattered the world to me. It was the first time ever that he had said this without me saying it first or having to prompt him. I am still beaming just by the mere thought of it. The sweetness of Parenthood.
The word of the week is "favourite". He has been using this word very frequently in the last couple of days. Almost every other thing is his "favourite" now. "My favourite shirt". "My favourite color".
And today, for the first time, and without prompting from me, he asked me in a complete sentence, "May I have some grapes, please?" I was so pleased, he would have got ice-cream and cookies if he had asked for it too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Lucas is soooo sweet! :)
he is a lovely boy... i so wanna give him a big hug
How sweet! He must have melted your heart then and there.
Post a Comment