
Lucas surprised me the other day when I was reading to him and he started to identify the pictures from the book and saying out loud what was on the next page before I turned it over. This happened when he was watching his favourite video as well. He is in love with books at the moment (well..balls, trucks and trains too of course) and would take his books out and carry them over to us to read to him. These days, he tries to plant his tiny bum on my lap as I read but there ain't much room on my lap since it is encroached by my bulging belly.
The house looks like a storm has ripped through it by the end of the day. He is opening the drawers which are within his reach (safely stored with unbreakables and mainly containers etc) and taking its contents out and planting them somewhere else in the house. He has also been carefully placing his toys in different cupboards and drawers. I asked him the other day where his favourite ball is (I had earlier found it in one of my drawers) and he promptly turns around and takes it out from the drawer he had placed it. I found it amusing although I probably shouldn't be amused.
My clumsy body is trying hard to keep up with his high energy level. But I am glad that he is an active and curious little toddler. Most of all, I am really happy I have a kid who waves at the bus-driver who pulls up next to our car, smiles at the cashier at check-out and wants to pat every dog he sees.
With his heightened curiosity, greater mobility skills (he has started to climb onto the couch..horrors!), and increasing communication abilities, we are facing new challenges as he demonstrates his desire for independence, for freedom of exploration and the "everything I have touched is mine" syndrome.






3 comments:
i am totally with you about the "storm has ripped through"..the house...my house is a big mess. I used to be able to keep up with it now it is impossible for me especially this age, I guess... by the end of the day, I got no more extra energy to clean or tidy. hahah
wait till you have 2.. hahahahhaa
not trying to scare you.. hahahahahahaha
lol!! Very well written! You must have amazing energy to keep up with Lucas. Just watching him play exhausts me (and makes me smile :)
Post a Comment