Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 02, 2008

The little things that make me so happy





Lucas is growing and developing new skills so fast these days I feel a need to pen down some of these developments. To remind myself how some of his new discoveries make me laugh, warms my heart and swell with pride.
He has learnt how to tell me he needs to go on the potty. This is only happening for his morning poop so far. But I am so proud of him when he comes walking over to find me to make his potty "sound". He used to just babble in his crib when he wakes up in the mornings until we pick him up. These days, he would call either "mama" or "papa" when he wakes up and it is the sweetest wake-up call for me. He is getting more interactive and responsive to our words and actions and although he is still lacking in his vocabulary at times, we could see him understanding us better. He plays very well with Abby now and is very eager to feed her snacks and bread. He is obsessed with balloons and balls at the moment, oh wait, cars and trains as well, and I will write on his obssession with balloons in a later post. He loves the outdoors and gets excited when I start to put on his socks and shoes and tries to put them on himself. He is getting better at feeding himself, still a mess but more food is getting into his mouth than on the table or floor these days. And everyday, his "I cannot see your eyes" grin is enough to make me really happy. He's got a mischievious grin, but that's what makes my heart warm and fuzzy - that he is a happy, bubbly, good-natured little guy.
p.s. He is wearing the shoes Grandpa bought for him!

1 comment:

Smalls World said...

I know how you feel about that grin. It's like the song, "When I see u smile, I can face the world ..." Trite, but true.

Balls, cars, trains ... umm why does that sound so deja vu ..Soon, it will be motor bikes, excavators, dump trucks, Thomas the Train, Bob the Builder ... Well, I'm just thankful that it's not Barbie doll!