This is the new addition to the family. Arriving on 1st April. After much labour pains.Edwin washed the dishes yesterday. By hand. I have declared the dishwasher "unusable" the day we moved into this 26-year-old because it just looked "unusable" and I wouldn't know if my dishes will be any cleaner if they went through the machine. So, I have been handwashing all the dishes. It may seem very normal if we were back home in Singapore since the dishwasher is a rare commodity (or so I think), but it is rare for any household to not have a dishwasher in this part of the world. Anyhow, I have been pretty happy washing the dishes by hand until Lucas came along and I seem to spend a chunk of my time standing in front of the sink washing the endless dishes. It has become an even more arduous task now with my big belly and short arms to have to crouch over the sink, leaving my back very sore and unhappy.
Ok, back to my main point. Right after he was done with the dishes, he came over to me and said, "Let's get a dishwasher". Finally. I should have made him do the dishes earlier.
I am not going to imagine how this beauty above is going to look in our current kitchen from the past. It's going to serve its purpose and make me a wee step ahead in getting the "overhaul" I am patiently (not!) waiting for.



4 comments:
I can't believe you've been handwashing your dishes ALL this time. I LOVE having a dishwasher.. it just make my life much much easier. I'm glad you're getting one now.. :) Enjoy your dishwasher... hahahaha
Yeee---hhaaa!!!
I know EXACTLY what you mean. We've been handwashing here because this old house doesn't have a dishwasher. And when I was pregnant Jay had to take over cos I had the same problem.
dishwasher is a lifesaver. or otherwise i have to do the dishes. good for you!
Post a Comment