Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 16, 2008

My rescue squad

I was in pain yesterday. Could hardly stand or walk decently. Edwin was at work and I had an eager toddler grazing for my attention when all I could do was lay down and try to amuse him in a stationary position. I called the BC Nurse Line (I think the last time I called was when I had issues with nursing Lucas), a number I was to remember to call whenever in doubt. After speaking with the registered nurse and running through my symptoms, I was alarmed when she said she was going to call the Ambulance for me. EEEK! No, I am not ready for all the hoopla, sirens and the thought of being whisked away by some strange people. Edwin couldn't leave work and I scanned my phone for friends I could call. Thank goodness Stephanie & Larry were at home and being 5 minutes away, it helps. Turns out Yvonne & Anthony were also at their place and they turned up at my doorstep in 2 cars and whisked me out and took Lucas with them. Thinking back it was such drama I feel embarrassed.

Without boring you (my readers), of the gruesome details of what happened to me, I am alright now. Probably a case of exhaustion, strain and bedrest was the prescription for recovery. I have another ultrasound in the next few days to check baby but I feel much better today already.

To my rescue squad - Thank you very much for saving me in my desperation!
To Carolyn & Rob - Thank you for spending time with me & Lucas today and showering me with all those goodies! I feel so lucky and blessed with all of you around me.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey babe...

oh no, i hope you are feeling way way way better when you read this!

xoxo,
e.

Anonymous said...

oh no....i am calling you RIGHT NOW!!!!

Anonymous said...

It sounds scary. Hope you feel much better now. Call me anytime if you need our help !!

Mum's The Word said...

Thank god you're ok now..
Please please be careful and remember not to overexert yourself. you need rest right now..

Cel said...

hope you are ok now :)

rene said...

Thank you everyone for your calls, emails, msgs, visits and support! I am feeling MUCH better now, and have been resting much more too. I have another ultrasound and check-up today. I guess it came too suddenly and I was ignoring the cramps/pressure (warning signs) that I was probably moving around/doing too much..thank u all again! - Love -

jeannie said...

hey bean, take it easy yeah. Still lots that you can do after the 2nd one arrives - really!

Emily said...

hey,

do take care!

Anonymous said...

hey Baby, so sorry you had to go through that. and sorry we can't be there for you and be part of the Rescue Squad. =(

glad you're okay now!